Living up our summer the only thing on our mind is lying under a beach umbrella, right? Unfortunately, 95% of us are “stuck” at work with an overload of things and responsibilities pending so in reality summer can actually be quite stressful.
The main reason is the difference between where we should be and where we really are. Beach v Office! Some haven’t even planned their summer vacay or staycation yet!
Unfortunately being stressed and overworked is the “new norm” in a world where we have too much to do and not enough time to do it.
If you feel like you are in this kind of situation more often than not, then these 5 practical and simple things to do will help you a lot:
- Go for a walk. This helps get your mind wander and a result you feel calmer. Fresh air and scenic views can do the rest. Even a 5-minute walk near your work can do the trick.
- Exercise. This stimulates the release of serotonin, which can improve your mood. Again, 5 minutes might be enough. Just take a moment and do 30 push ups/situps/ or squats. You’ll get the blood circulating and feel better in no time.
- Meditate. The aim of meditation is to calm your brain by focusing on something other than the negative thoughts you’re currently experiencing. Just set a timer for 5 minutes and do nothing else but focus on your breathing.
- Eat. Sometimes when we are in an anxious state our sugar levels drop. Eating a meal can help boost your mood. Our mood is tied extremely closely to what we eat, due to sugar and the release of cortisol and serotonin (the stress and feel good hormones respectively!).
- Tidy up. No need to clear the whole office, or house but if that’s your jam go for it! Tidying the space in front of you can help. Having a more organized space can instantly help you feel better about your current state.
Hope these small solutions can help you chill a little easier 🙂