A fact that most people know, witness or heard of is that finance related issues cause stress and uncomfortable feelings. It may even cause some serious illness if you allow stress to overcome you.
The good news is that we can do something about it. There is hope and when there is hope we are capable of doing unbelievable things.
Usually we tend to overthink about our “bad” financial situation but often do nothing about it. The simplest of things we can do is to Remove the Excess Fat from our financials.
Similar to any athlete wanting to trim down on his belly fat to feel better and show those abs, trimming the fat from our financials will benefit us in the long run and lift unwanted feelings from our shoulders so we can focus on the things that matter most in life.
This can only be done by reflecting on our current situation and by examining our cash outflows. I.e. where is our hard earned money going to? Face your “issue” face on and force yourself to find solutions.
“The real man smiles in trouble gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection. ” Thomas Paine.
Everytime the words “I can’t” creep into your mind, stop and change it with HOW CAN I? When you change this simple thing, I guarantee you that your life will start to change. How can we tell ourselves the answer is “no” before we even ask the question? I am sure that if you consciously think about this, you will catch yourself answering no before you even ask. And that’s the easiest way to sabotage our success!
So HOW CAN I remove my excess financial fat?
- Reduce or eliminate eating out or getting take-out and start cooking more often.
- Refinancing your debt, home and/or automobile and decrease your interest rate payments. This way your monthly cash flow will increase.
- Cancel any unused memberships such as club memberships, newspaper and magazine subscription.
- Install LED light bulbs and save on your electricity bills
- Reduce or eliminate bad consumable habits (such as smoking, alcohol, etc.)
- Use public transportation or walk
- Sell unused items
- Revisit your daily routines and spending. For example, if you’re buying a €4 coffee drink each morning, that adds up to €1,460 each year!!
- Try to reduce the number of personal services you pay for. If you can do your own manicures, gardening, or pet grooming, you may be surprised by how much you’ll save.
- Make a grocery list before going to the store. And stick to it!!!
There are many ways to cut down on unnecessary expenses and all you need to do is to PAUSE, REFLECT, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY and GET ORGANISED!
What other ways could you think of removing your finance fat?