According to Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English “the halfway mark” is:
The point in a race, journey, or event that is halfway between the start and the finish!
Supposedly in January you set a couple of goals for you to do in the year. Maybe you never got started on any goal. Perhaps you joined the gym but only went 2-3 times. Some of you might have even accomplished some if not all goals you set for yourself!
Regardless of where you stand in terms of accomplished goals for the year, June i.e. the year’s half way mark is an excellent point for us to:
- Reflect on what we did or did not do so far
- Start again or start something new
- Refocus if something is not working out well
- Set out a new plan of action and get started ASAP
- Take stock of memories created and if you are not satisfied PLAN to create more!
A common issue with unaccomplished goals is the “false hope syndrome”.
In order to avoid this:
- Be realistic.
- Set SMART
- Don’t limit yourself and have confidence in your abilities.
- Remove all unnecessary time consuming activities and free up time.
- Break big goals into smaller ones
- Try doing one thing at a time using your full focus!
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” Zig Ziglar
Use the middle of the year to recharge, refocus and reevaluate where your life is going. But please, do not ignore your goals or the changes you want to make. Ignoring them will only allow thoughts and feelings of regret to haunt you for a long time!
PS: I could not omit WMC team member and personal trainer Stefanos from this post. If you want to revisit your fitness goals, look no further than fitness studio Kinetic