Give yourself a pat on the back, you’re doing great
Its time for self-reflection! But before we start criticizing and judging whether or not we’ve achieved all we wanted, why don’t we first give ourselves a pat on the back?
What does a pat on the back actually mean?
Give yourself praise or recognition for an achievement or a job well done!
You may or may not have achieved all the goals you set out for the year, but I can confidently tell you that you have:
- Stayed alive! Never take life for granted, especially with so many happenings around the world.
- Been a good friend, human being to somebody. Chances are that you helped somebody out this year whether you know about it or not!
- Been brave even when the odds were against you.
- Spent quality time with your family, trust me they need it from you more than you realize.
- Overcome obstacles. No journey is without its challenges that we have to face.
- Come so far. We’re all on our own individual journey, but all equally important. That journey is called life.
So, give yourselves a pat on the back for a successful year!
PS: This is not to brag or to give yourself a medal, but rather to help you see that you are a good person and have accomplished things.
At the end of the day, if you did not accomplish all that you wanted, then make some changes and set new goals!